Circle Membership for Disco Alumni
You have said a gigantic YES to a learning environment based on trust and joy (unschooling!) and now you want regular deep dives into inspiration and a mega support crew.
CIRCLE is ideal for brand new unschoolers AND for longtime unschoolers looking to level up the skills and gifts they are bringing to the movement.
- Are you sold on unschooling but find the daily struggles such as sibling conflict and boundaries around screens etc frustrating and energy draining?
- Do you get unschooling rationally but still experience regular wobbles around your choice?
- Do you yearn for community but want support around showing up there authentically, or creating the learning collective of your dreams?
- Perhaps you want to step into a greater role within this movement, through advocacy or leadership of community building?
This is the kind of stuff we are dancing with in Disco Circle!
Circle is a membership programme for those who want to deepen into:
- TRUST: healing your inner child, deconditioning beliefs and activating self-love and joyful expression. You want to expand into your authentic self worth so you can provide the most joyful and trusting home base for your kids AND keep becoming your truest YOU.
- JOY: more practical allyship with your children, fired up connection with all family members and a greater acceptance of the present moment.
- REGENERATION: strengthening your courage muscle so you can walk confidently and advocate for your children and your choices, build life giving community and contribute to the societal shifts that will liberate generations of children to bloom into who they are.
This is a high impact, high value monthly subscription where you can access support from three experienced mentors and coaches and the cheerleading of a global family – supercharging the intention and alignment in your life without school.
The mindset work done in Circle will help you flourish into authenticity in all parts of your life!
I’m not sure I can articulate just how much things have changed for us over the last few weeks. The piece that I took hold of was creating a flourishing learning environment. I can’t thank you enough. My son just can’t stop cuddling me, it’s like his whole being is saying thank you Mummy all I needed was some peace around me.
Sarah- September DISCO participant
Instant access to:
- Monthly teaching and coaching workshops from unschooling coach and educator Lucy AitkenRead
- Monthly coaching, teaching and goal setting around building regenerative community with unschooling coach Leslie Bray
- Support and space holding for neurodiverse families with filmmaker and longtime unschooling parent Jessie Currie
- Gain immediate access to a library of coaching and teaching sessions from a variety of topics from screentime to self worth to healthy sexual development to Inner Child healing.
- Gain immediate access to a digital retreat on self-care for unschoolers
What people are saying about the programme:
Dance Floor: Regenerative Unschooling – Tuesday August 10th 21:00 BST
Bringing the idea of seasonality into our homes create a foundation for regenerative unschooling. In this workshop we consider:
How being a season-honouring home can be both a balm for the soul and a practical help in the home
Tools we can use to work with the inner seasons as they present in our homes
The seasons our children go through and seasons as they present within the learning cycle
The role of fear and anger as they relate to the seasons
Transformative interventions for when people (our kids/ ourselves) are stuck
+ Community Hour with Leslie – Tuesday 17th August 21:00 BST
+ Funk Club (A held space for sharing our big feelings) – Tuesday 24th August 21:00 BST
Dance Floor: Community Honouring – September 7th Tuesday 21:00 BST
This interactive workshop brings together the wisdom we’ve been considering in our Community Hour plus practical support around establishing community.
Finding our people
Different models of self directed learning communities
The important principles at play in creating and nurturing community
How the seasons show up in our communities and how to work with those energies
+NOT BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY – Tuesday 14th September 21:00 BST
Let’ s celebrate our kid’s not returning to school in Northern Hemispheres. Your kid’s are welcome! We will share some poetry and have a dance.
Please bring a poem to share with us, a drink of your choice (tea/ mocktail/ cocktail!) and wear some kind of head wear!
+Community Hour with Leslie – Tuesday 21st 21:00 BST
DISCO FLOW – A creative retreat
Express. Play. Heal.
Our October retreat is all about bringing some soothing to the wounds of shame that our creative side has received over the years. It’s *not* about making beautiful art, or trying to be someone we aren’t but about unlocking our voice, revealing the part of us that wants to express more and allowing the curious side of us to emerge.
It is a chance to centre curiosity and joy over fear and perfectionism. To play, be silly, let ourselves loosen a little.
Somewhere along the way we are asked to believe that some folks are creative, and others aren’t. When the truth is we all have a little wild beauty within us that wants to spill out.
These workshops are an opportunity to move into a creative flow in your own particular way.
I am SO excited!
“A creative life is an amplified life. It’s a bigger life, a happier life, an expanded life, and a hell of a lot more interesting life. Living in this manner—continually and stubbornly bringing forth the jewels that are hidden within you—is a fine art, in and of itself.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert
Friday 8PM BST Welcome! Beginning to heal our creativity wounds. With Lucy.
Saturday 8am BST “Work with your inner critic” with healer and facilitator Shannon Maudsley
Saturday 8PM BST “Everyone’s an artist” with artist and therapist Heather Polk a workshop about the power of creativity and collage making
Sunday 8AM BST “Give voice to what you really long for” a poetry workshop with poet Mary Walker.
Sunday 8 PM BST Judgement free dance and integration with Lucy
Meet the support crew!
Lucy AitkenRead – Unschooling Coach and facilitator
I am Lucy AitkenRead: writer, facilitator, coach. I’m also mum to two children, Ramona, 10, and Juno, 7 and we have all been unschooling for a decade.
I believe in a post-school world. My vision is of a future where kids are free to learn in their own style, about subjects they are interested in, with the care of grown ups around them who are also curious, passionate learners. It’s a world where children can trust themselves, because we do.
I want to support unschoolers to create homes that are based on joy and trust and to nurture community that is truly regenerative. Self-directed learning is a transformative movement and I’m here, alongside Disco’s other coaches and mentors, to equip you to show up for it.
Leslie Bray – Unschooling Community Coach
Leslie is the founder of Kids Cultivator, a Black Home Educator’s network in Atlanta that has been flourishing for ten years. She has been an important presence in offering consultation, guidance and workshops in the USA unschooling scene and is especially experienced in supporting people to establish and nurture unschooling communities that are healthy and sustainable. Leslie is one of the coaches on our membership programme and offers a monthly session on building and nurturing regenerative community as well as bespoke solutions.
Jessie Currie – Neurodiversity Mentor
Jessie is a neurodivergent unschooling filmmaker and passionate advocate for every human’s right to a shame and comparison-free life long education that is individually tailored to suit them. Jessie believes that unschooling emancipates and empowers neurodivergent people to live their best lives following their own unique pathway honouring honing their ND superpowers. Jessie has spent the last 25 years facilitating children and young people to follow their passions and the last 8 years facilitating her own ND children’s unschooling journey. Jessie’s role in our membership programme is to hold space for parents, carers and children alike so that they feel truly seen and heard in unconditional positive regard to shine in their own true light.
Orb is the recommended price. But we have two other payment options in order to recognise the economic systems at play. Prices are in USD and the first month includes a joining fee that you don’t have to pay again.
If choosing something other than ORB we recommend erring on the side of generous when choosing which bracket whilst also considering the following factors:
- Your membership pays for our team to earn a thriving wage and to develop the resources that empower and strengthen the unschooling movement
- There is an important and unavoidable psychology involved in paying for things – this needs to feel a bit “stretchy” in order for you to engage with the presence and intention required for you to receive all the richness of this membership.
- your access to wealth in the global context;
- historical discrimination faced by your peoples;
- your financial wealth (do you have retirement savings?);
- your access to income and financial wealth, both current and anticipated (how easily could you earn more income compared to other people in your country and in the world? do you expect to receive an inheritance?);
- people counting on your financial livelihood including dependents and community members;
- and the socio-economic conditions of your locale (relative to other places in your country and in the world). With thanks to Bayo Akomolafe and Ratna Shah for these considerations.
Pip is for those on limited income either out of choice or circumstances and works out at $5.50 a week.
Orb is the standard price and works out at $7.70 a week.
Globe is the abundant price for those with access to wealth, privilege and resources and works out at $11.10 a week
DISCO CIRCLE – GLOBE
DISCO CIRCLE – ORB
DISCO CIRCLE – PIP
” I can’t really sum up how valuable the experience of doing DISCO was for me. I was absolutely committed to unschooling from the moment I took my first baby home. Now she is school age and my own tension and paranoia around what learning looks like had interrupted those intentions. DISCO helped me and my husband root-out those irrational fears and unhealthy attitudes to learning from our own pasts and now when we talk about our children’s learning there is joy and a deep understanding between us. DISCO has addressed all the needs behind those worries; it’s rekindled my passion for life-learning and given me the boost I needed to face down those demons from my own, very academic, upbringing. I’d definitely recommend this course for those already unschooling, but who feel they need to deschool themselves or want to find an online community to grow and learn with. Thank you to Lucy and thank you to all my DISCO people for creating this wonderful support network!”