Disco Circle – unschooling membership
You have said a gigantic YES to a learning environment based on trust and joy (unschooling!) and now you want regular deep dives into inspiration and a mega support crew.
CIRCLE is ideal for brand new unschoolers AND for longtime unschoolers looking to level up the skills and gifts they are bringing to the movement.
- Are you sold on unschooling but find the daily struggles such as sibling conflict and boundaries around screens etc frustrating and energy draining?
- Do you get unschooling rationally but still experience regular wobbles around your choice?
- Do you yearn for community but want support around showing up there authentically, or creating the learning collective of your dreams?
- Perhaps you want to step into a greater role within this movement, through advocacy or leadership of community building?
This is the kind of stuff we are dancing with in Disco Circle!
Circle is a membership programme for those who want to deepen into:
- TRUST: healing your inner child, deconditioning beliefs and activating self-love and joyful expression. You want to expand into your authentic self worth so you can provide the most joyful and trusting home base for your kids AND keep becoming your truest YOU.
- JOY: more practical allyship with your children, fired up connection with all family members and a greater acceptance of the present moment.
- REGENERATION: strengthening your courage muscle so you can walk confidently and advocate for your children and your choices, build life giving community and contribute to the societal shifts that will liberate generations of children to bloom into who they are.
This is a high impact, high value monthly subscription where you can access support from three experienced mentors and coaches and the cheerleading of a global family – supercharging the intention and alignment in your life without school.
The mindset work done in Circle will help you flourish into authenticity in all parts of your life!
I’m not sure I can articulate just how much things have changed for us over the last few weeks. The piece that I took hold of was creating a flourishing learning environment. I can’t thank you enough. My son just can’t stop cuddling me, it’s like his whole being is saying thank you Mummy all I needed was some peace around me.
Sarah- September DISCO participant
Instant access to:
- the comprehensive DISCO unschooling course (worth $140)
See here for everything that includes and what people say about it.
- Monthly teaching and coaching workshops from unschooling coach and educator Lucy AitkenRead (recorded for you to access at your leisure)
- Monthly coaching, teaching and goal setting around building regenerative community with unschooling coach Leslie Bray (also recorded!)
- Support and space holding for neurodiverse families with filmmaker and longtime unschooling parent Jessie Currie
- Gain immediate access to a library of resources including workshops and coaching on subjects from Self Worth to Screentime, and a digital self care retreat you can do at home.
UPCOMING CIRCLE WORKSHOPS WITH LUCY
March 10th 8pm GMT – The Emotional Intelligence Files
What would a childhood built on psycho-social development rather than an arbitrary skills hierarchy look like? What is our child really asking for when they are doing that strange thing? How can I make sure they meet the needs of that phase in their life so they don’t have to keep re-visiting forever? What are the rights they are expressing when they stare me in the eye and do that thing I asked them not to? What do they need to learn from my modelling in each phase? Here we put core knowledge about the development of Emotional intelligence into the heart of our allyship with our children, providing a framework for the next three months in Disco Circle.
April 13th 9pm BST (note the clocks have changed – different time) – The Self Regulation Shift
Can a child always self regulate? What if they can’t? Here we take a look at the important shift occurring from an unschooling paradigm based on a neo-liberal hyperfocus on individualism and an unschooling rooted in communitarianism. We consider;
How we can support our child’s trust in themselves and their decision making.
How we can support our child’s right to autonomy whilst cultivating healthy community.
May 11th 9pm BST – The Right To Love
One of the most prominent wounds we can end up carrying is from society’s mishandling of our sexual development. As unschoolers we have bought consent firmly into our homes, but here we learn how to embody the other key elements of sex positive parenting. Handle awkward moments with ease and enthusiasm and pave the way for more self-love, expression and pleasure in our own lives.
June 15th 9pm BST – Inner Child Journey
In this workshop we investigate which of our psycho-social needs were least met and take an Inner Child Journey in order to receive from our deepest well of wisdom. This workshop can be life-changing so come prepared!
What people are saying about the programme:
Leslie Bray – Unschooling Community Coach
Leslie is the founder of Kids Cultivator, a Black Home Educator’s network in Atlanta that has been flourishing for ten years. She has been an important presence in offering consultation, guidance and workshops in the USA unschooling scene and is especially experienced in supporting people to establish and nurture unschooling communities that are healthy and sustainable. Leslie is one of the coaches on our membership programme and offers a monthly session on building and nurturing regenerative community as well as bespoke solutions.
Jessie Currie – Neurodiversity Mentor
Jessie is a neurodivergent unschooling filmmaker and passionate advocate for every human’s right to a shame and comparison-free life long education that is individually tailored to suit them. Jessie believes that unschooling emancipates and empowers neurodivergent people to live their best lives following their own unique pathway honouring honing their ND superpowers. Jessie has spent the last 25 years facilitating children and young people to follow their passions and the last 8 years facilitating her own ND children’s unschooling journey. Jessie’s role in our membership programme is to hold space for parents, carers and children alike so that they feel truly seen and heard in unconditional positive regard to shine in their own true light.
Orb is the recommended price. But we have two other payment options in order to recognise the economic systems at play. Prices are in USD and the first month includes a joining fee that you don’t have to pay again.
If choosing something other than ORB we recommend erring on the side of generous when choosing which bracket whilst also considering the following factors:
- Your membership pays for our team to earn a thriving wage and to develop the resources that empower and strengthen the unschooling movement
- There is an important and unavoidable psychology involved in paying for things – this needs to feel a bit “stretchy” in order for you to engage with the presence and intention required for you to receive all the richness of this membership.
- your access to wealth in the global context;
- historical discrimination faced by your peoples;
- your financial wealth (do you have retirement savings?);
- your access to income and financial wealth, both current and anticipated (how easily could you earn more income compared to other people in your country and in the world? do you expect to receive an inheritance?);
- people counting on your financial livelihood including dependents and community members;
- and the socio-economic conditions of your locale (relative to other places in your country and in the world). With thanks to Bayo Akomolafe and Ratna Shah for these considerations.
Pip is for those on limited income either out of choice or circumstances and works out at $5 a week.
Orb is the standard price and works out at $8.50 a week.
Globe is the abundant price at $12.50 a week.
DISCO CIRCLE – GLOBE
DISCO CIRCLE – ORB
DISCO CIRCLE – PIP
” I can’t really sum up how valuable the experience of doing DISCO was for me. I was absolutely committed to unschooling from the moment I took my first baby home. Now she is school age and my own tension and paranoia around what learning looks like had interrupted those intentions. DISCO helped me and my husband root-out those irrational fears and unhealthy attitudes to learning from our own pasts and now when we talk about our children’s learning there is joy and a deep understanding between us. DISCO has addressed all the needs behind those worries; it’s rekindled my passion for life-learning and given me the boost I needed to face down those demons from my own, very academic, upbringing. I’d definitely recommend this course for those already unschooling, but who feel they need to deschool themselves or want to find an online community to grow and learn with. Thank you to Lucy and thank you to all my DISCO people for creating this wonderful support network!”